Cookies on the Mid Notts Pathways website
To continue using the website you are indicating that you are happy to receive all cookies on our site.
Find out more
End Of Life Together Service
Introducing the new End of Life Care Model for Mid-Nottinghamshire
The “End of Life Care Together” Integrated Delivery Model is now live for Mid Notts registered patients.
For the attention of: GPs, Primary Care nurses, DN, CNS, NEMS, Primary Integrated Community Services Ltd (PICS) staff and Hospice staff
The service supports patients and their carer’s by working collaboratively, focusing on the individual patient’s end of life needs, holistically.
The service is for patients and their carer’s in Mid Nottinghamshire who may have:
- an estimated prognosis of 12 months or less
- Specialist palliative care needs
- Supportive palliative care needs
- Support as a Carer or a Bereaved Person related to a patient referred to the service
The End of Life Care Together service provides:
- A single point of referral Call for Care 01623 781899 option 2, 24 hour, 7 day a week service
- Provide clinical triage, assessment and coordination of patient and carer needs.
- Hospice at Home services, including a dedicated nursing service to provide care in the home through the night and during the day dependent on the Patient or Carers needs (this will be provided by Beaumond House Community Hospice and Notts Hospice)
- Community Hospice beds, at Beaumond House Community Hospice and John Eastwood Hospice
- A Two hour urgent response for home assessment
- Hospital in reach in partnership Sherwood Forest Hospital NHS Trust with Emergency Department, Emergency Assessment Unit and Short Stay Unit, the Discharge Hub and ward clinicians.
- Outreach by Specialist Palliative Nurses by John Eastwood Hospice and Primary Integrated Community Services Ltd, to support patients and carers in their home
- Day Hospice
- Bereavement services and access to carers support services and groups
We encourage you to make best use of this excellent provision for your patients; helping them get the best possible end of life and freeing up your clinical time.
For more information about the new model contact Carl Ellis by email firstname.lastname@example.org